The 2012 Bad Gastein Open women’s main draw singles clay-court event commences on Monday 11 June at 10am local time in Bad Gastein, Austria. In this post a number of interesting facts about the women’s singles main draw will be provided, the full singles draw and what the projected quarter finals match-ups are will be listed.
Bad Gastein is one of the WTA International Tournaments each year and has 32 players vying for the title, a maximum of 280 WTA ranking points and $37,000 dollars in prize money for the winner. Bad Gastein has a 32-draw divided up between 4 Qualifiers [Q], 3 Wild Cards [WC], 25 Direct Acceptances and 8 BYES. The Top 8 ranked players amongst the 25 Direct Acceptances become the seeds. The 8 seeds were ranked from World No.27 Julia GOERGES through to No.80 Johanna LARSSON.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 6 hours to the local time in Bad Gastein to work out the equivalent Singapore time.
The cut-off date for entry was 30 April 2012 and Marta DOMACHOWSKA of Poland with a ranking of No.173 that week was the last direct acceptance. As soon as the qualifying event is completed OnCourt Advantage will add the names into the spots in the draw below reserved for qualifiers denoted by a [Q].
The 2011 Bad Gastein singles runner-up was current Austrian No.2 Patricia Mayr-Achleitner who is pictured above at the 2012 Australian Open after making contact with the ball during her service motion.
The 25-year-old, 1.69m Mayr-Achleitner had her best year on tour thus far in 2009 where she achieved her career-high ranking thus far of No.70 May 4 and her best Grand Slam singles results to date of making the second round at both the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals is:
- Julia GOERGES  v  Alize CORNET
- Ksenia PERVAK  v  Irina-Camelia BEGU
- Johanna LARSSON  v  Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO
- Petra MARTIC  v [WC] Yanina WICKMAYER
The 2012 Bad Gastein Women’s singles draw is:
- Julia GOERGES  v [Q] Richel HOGENKAMP
- Estrella CABEZA CANDELA v Laura POUS-TIO
- Yulia BEYGELZIMER v Sacha JONES
- Edina GALLOVITS-HALL v  Alize CORNET
- Ksenia PERVAK  v Lara ARRUABARRENA-VECINO
- Sarah GRONERT v Eva BIRNEROVA
- Chichi SCHOLL [Q] v Zuzana ONDRASKOVA
- Kathrin WOERLE v  Irina-Camelia BEGU
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Johanna LARSSON  v [Q] Jana CEPELOVA
- Nina BRATCHIKOVA v Jill CRAYBAS
- Ajla TOMLJANOVIC v Mandy MINELLA
- Marta DOMACHOWSKA v  Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO
- Petra MARTIC  v Yvonne MEUSBURGER
- Barbara HAAS [WC] v [Q] Dia EVTIMOVA
- Patricia MAYR-ACHLEITNER v [WC] Nicole ROTTMAN
- Mariana DUQUE-MARINO v [WC] Yanina WICKMAYER
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
photo credit: paddynapper