The 2013 Brisbane International is being played for the 36th time. To make it easier for YOU to follow, watch or attend this tournament OnCourt Advantage details how the ATP ranking points and prize money are allocated round-by-round plus what the schedule of play is for each day. To watch the tennis in Singapore subtract 2 hours from the local times in Brisbane listed below.
Further details, including how to buy tickets, “Like” and “Follow” Brisbane, the tournament venue, centre court name and capacity, the court surface, total prize money etc. are covered here-> Brisbane Open Tennis 2013.
The original cut-off ranking for direct acceptance in to the main draw singles event is ATP Tour World No.57 Santiago Giraldo. The Top 8 highest ranked players entered at the cut-off date of 19 November 2012 are: Andy Murray, Milos Raonic, Gilles Simon, Alexandr Dolgopolov, Kei Nishikori, Florian Mayer, Jurgen Melzer and World No.30 Martin Klizan.
Pictured above is the Top seed for Brisbane – Andy MURRAY focussed on the ball, whilst he is well into the forward swing phase of this double-handed backhand during his victorious 2012 US Open singles campaign. The 25-year-old is the defending Brisbane champion and current World No.3 whose 2013 mission is to claim the World No.1 ranking for the first time. Defending his Brisbane title and outdoing current World No.1 Novak Djokovic to win his first Australian Open after twice being a runner-up would get him a long way towards the No.1 ranking.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The ATP ranking points and prize money is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 250 points + $78,800;
- The runner-up earns 150 points + $41,540;
- The two semi finalists earn 90 points + $22,500;
- The four quarter finalists earn 45 points + $12,810;
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 20 points + $7,550;
- The *players who lose in the 1st round receive $4,470 but DO NOT earn any ranking points.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
The schedule of play for the 2013 Brisbane International Men’s Singles event is:
- Saturday 29 December: Qualifying at 10am;
- Sunday 30 December: Qualifying at 10am;
- Monday 31 December: Main Draw 1st round at 11am and 7pm;
- Tuesday 1 January: 1st round at 10:30am and 7pm;
- Wednesday 2 January: Round of 16 from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Thursday 3 January: Round of 16 from 10:30am and 7:30pm;
- Friday 4 January: Quarter Finals from 11am and 7pm;
- Saturday 5 January: Semi Finals at 12 noon; and
- Sunday 6 January: Men’s Singles Final at 12 noon.
© photo credit: HEAD Tennis