The 2013 Charleston Open women’s main draw singles matches begin on Monday 1 April at 10am local time in Charleston, South Carolina in the USA. Below OnCourt Advantage lists a number of interesting facts, including how the WTA ranking points and prize money are allocated for each round and what the schedule of play is for the entire tournament, to make it easier for YOU to follow, watch or attend Charleston.
Charleston is the 5th WTA Premier category tournament of the 12 women’s Premier tournaments in 2013. Buy your Charleston Official tennis tickets now! To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 12 hours to the local time in Charleston to work out the equivalent Singapore time.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The WTA ranking points and prize money is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 470 points + $125,000;
- The runner-up earns 320 points + $65,000;
- The two semi finalists earn 200 points + $32,825;
- The four quarter finalists earn 120 points + $16,990;
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 60 points + $8,645;
- The 16 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 40 points + $4,480;
- The *players who lose in the 1st round earn 1 point + $2,275.
The schedule of play for the 2013 Charleston Open Women’s Singles event is:
- Saturday 30 March: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 9:30am;
- Sunday 31 March: Qualifying 2nd round from 9:30am;
- Monday 1 April: Main Draw 1st round from 10am;
- Tuesday 2 April: 1st round from 10am;
- Wednesday 3 April: 2nd round from 10am;
- Thursday 4 April: Round of 16 from 11am;
- Friday 5 April: Quarter Finals from 10am; and
- Saturday 6 April: Semi finals from 1pm; and
- Sunday 7 April: Women’s Singles Final at 1pm.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
© photo credit: Richard van loon