The 2013 Charleston Open women’s main draw singles has just been released. Below OnCourt Advantage lists details about the types of players in the draw, the seeded match-ups for the last 16 and quarter finals plus the full singles draw in an easy to follow format.
There are 56 players in the draw divided up between 8 Qualifiers (Q), 4 Wild Cards (WC) and 44 Direct Acceptances. The cut-off date for entry was 18 February 2013 and Estrella CABEZA CANDELA of Spain with a ranking of No.112 that week was the last direct acceptance.
To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 12 hours to the local time in Charleston to work out the equivalent Singapore time.
The Seeds: Charleston has a 56-player draw so only the Top 8 seeds receive a BYE in the 1st round and await the 24 winners of the 1st round matches in the 2nd round, whilst seeds 9 to 16 play in the 1st round.
The seeds are selected according to the latest WTA rankings before the draw is made i.e. as of 25 March 2013. The 16 seeds in the 2013 Charleston Open ranged in rankings from World No.1 Serena WILLIAMS through to No.43 Laura ROBSON.
The Qualifiers: The 32-player qualifying tournament begins on Saturday 30 March and concludes on Sunday 31 March. As soon as each of the 8 players win their 2nd round of qualifying and therefore qualify for the main draw their names will be added to the draw below.
All of the players listed in the draw below except for the direct acceptances will have letters or a number in brackets in front of their names. A seeded player will have a number that denotes what number that player is seeded i.e.  for the No.1 seed. A wild card entrant is identified with – [WC], a player who won through the qualifying tournament i.e. a qualifier is [Q] and a lucky loser is [LL].
In the full draw listed below, only the Top 8 seeds names are bolded to make the possible quarter finals match-ups stand out for you. Click this link for-> the entire tournament schedule of play, which includes the round-by-round breakdown of prize money plus ranking points and other interesting details.
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the last 16 is:
- Serena WILLIAMS  v  Sabine LISICKI
- Sorana CIRSTEA  v  Lucie SAFAROVA
- Sloane STEPHENS  v  Tamira PASZEK
- Varvara LEPCHENKO  v  Venus WILLIAMS
The seeded match ups for the bottom half of the draw are:
- Mona BARTHEL  v  Jelena JANKOVIC
- Laura ROBSON  v  Samantha STOSUR
- Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO  v  Julia GOERGES
- Yaroslava SHVEDOVA  v  Caroline WOZNIACKI
The 2013 Charleston Open women’s singles draw is:
- Serena WILLIAMS  v BYE
- Mandy MINELLA v Camila GIORGI
- Mallory BURDETTE [Q] v Kristina MLADENOVIC
- Anna TATISHVILI v  Sabine LISICKI
- Sorana CIRSTEA  v Tatjana MALEK
- Aranxta RUS v Anabel MEDINA GARRIGUES
- Romina OPRANDI v Mirjana LUCIC-BARONI
- BYE v  Lucie SAFAROVA
- Sloane STEHENS  v BYE
- Anastasia RODIONOVA v [WC] Bethanie MATTEK-SANDS
- Alexandra CADANTU v Madison KEYS
- Grace MIN [Q] v  Tamira PASZEK
- Varvara LEPCHENKO  v Christina MCHALE
- Melinda CZINK v Mathilde JOHANSSON
- Monica PUIG v Andrea HLAVACKOVA
- BYE v  Venus WILLIAMS
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Mona BARTHEL  v BYE
- Garbine MUGURUZA v [Q] Jessica PEGULA
- Chanelle SCHEEPERS v [Q] Caroline GARCIA
- Melanie OUDIN v  Jelena JANKOVIC
- Laura ROBSON  v Estrella CABEZA CANDELA
- Nastassja BURNETT [Q] v [Q] Eugenie BOUCHARD
- Daniela HANTUCHOVA v Marina ERAKOVIC
- BYE v  Samantha STOSUR
- Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO  v BYE
- Stefanie VOEGELE v [Q] Teliana PEREIRA
- Jamie HAMPTON v Olga GOVORTSOVA
- Yulia PUTINTSEVA v  Julia GOERGES
- Yaroslava SHVEDOVA  v [Q] Vania KING
- Andrea PETKOVIC [WC] v [WC] Taylor TOWNSEND
- Francesca SCHIAVONE v Silvia SOLER-ESPINOSA
- BYE v [WC] Caroline WOZNIACKI
© photo courtesy of Babolat follow @Babolat on Twitter.