The 2011 Delray Beach Open men’s main draw singles matches will begin on Sunday 21 February at 11am local time. There are 32 main draw spots divided up between 4 Qualifiers (Q), 3 Wild Cards (WC), 1 Special Exempt(SE) and 24 Direct Acceptances.
The official tournament name is the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships (ITC) and it is an ATP World Tour 250 category tournament played on blue Plexipave hard courts from February 19-26. The total financial commitment is 442,500 US dollars, which all goes on prize money for the Men’s Singles event. The last direct acceptance into the draw was Dudi SELA of the Israel who was ranked No.95 at the cut-off date.
To see the FULL 2011 Men’s Schedule of Play, prize money and ATP ranking points earned per round plus more details about the qualifying event click-> Delray Beach 2011 Men’s Schedule of Play.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage.
The 2011 Delray Beach Open men’s singles draw for the 1st round is:
- Andy RODDICK (1) v Dudi SELA
- Julien BENNETEAU v Ivan DODIG
- Michal PRZYSIEZNY v (Q) Blaz KAVCIC
- Ivo KARLOVIC v (6) Janko TIPSAREVIC
- Sam QUERREY (WC) (3) v Dustin BROWN
- Ryan SWEETING (Q) v Igor ANDREEV
- Brian DABUL v Kei NISHIKORI
- James BLAKE (WC) v (7) Benjamin BECKER
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Kevin ANDERSON (5) v (LL) Donald YOUNG
- Florent SERRA v (WC) Ryan HARRISON
- Ricardas BERANKIS v (SE) Juan Martin DEL POTRO
- Teymuraz GABASHVILI v (4) John ISNER
- Adrian MANNARINO (8) v Leonardo MAYER
- Alejandro FALLA (Q) v Radek STEPANEK
- Ricardo MELLO v Rainer SCHUETTLER
- Bjorn PHAU v (2) Mardy FISH
Stay tuned to this tennis website for coverage of every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on both the WTA and ATP Tours. For details about the next Grand Slams click-> Roland Garros 2011: May 17-June 5 and Wimbledon 2011: June 13-July 3.
photo credit: burntfilm