The 2012 Eastbourne Open men’s main draw singles grass-court event commences on Monday 18 June at 11am local time in Eastbourne, Great Britain. In this post a number of interesting facts about the men’s singles main draw will be provided, the full singles draw and what the projected quarter finals match-ups are will be listed.
Eastbourne is one of the ATP Tour 250 Tournaments each year and has 28 players vying for the title, a maximum of 250 ATP ranking points and €71,000 (Euros) in prize money for the winner. Eastbourne has a 32-draw divided up between 4 Qualifiers [Q], 3 Wild Cards [WC], 1 Special Entry [SE], 20 Direct Acceptances and 4 BYES. The Top 8 ranked players amongst the 20 Direct Acceptances become the seeds. The 8 seeds were ranked from World No.19 Richard GASQUET through to No.36 Pablo ANDUJAR.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 7 hours to the local time in Eastbourne to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2012 Eastbourne Open Order of Play.
The cut-off date for entry was 7 May 2012 and Steve DARCIS of Belgium with a ranking of No.63 that week was the last direct acceptance. As soon as the qualifying event is completed OnCourt Advantage will add the names into the spots in the draw below reserved for qualifiers denoted by a [Q].
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the round of 16 is:
- Richard GASQUET  v  Pablo ANDUJAR
- Bernard TOMIC  v [WC] Andy RODDICK
- Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER  v  Andreas SEPPI
- Julien BENNETEAU  v  Marcel GRANOLLERS
The 2012 Eastbourne Men’s singles draw is:
- Richard GASQUET  v BYE
- James WARD [WC] v [Q] Marinko MATOSEVIC
- Steve DARCIS v [Q] Matthew EBDEN
- Marcos BAGHDATIS v  Pablo ANDUJAR
- Bernard TOMIC  v BYE
- Fabio FOGNINI v Albert RAMOS
- Paul-Henri MATHIEU [Q] v Jeremy CAHRDY
- Sam QUERREY [SE] v [WC] Andy RODDICK
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER  v Go SOEDA
- Donald YOUNG v [WC] Jamie BAKER
- Carlos BERLOCQ v Mikhail KUKUSHKIN
- BYE v  Andreas SEPPI
- Julien BENNETEAU  v LU Yen-Hsun
- Ryan HARRISON v [Q] Vasek POSPISIL
- Michael LLODRA v Denis ISTOMIN
- BYE v  Marcel GRANOLLERS
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: Beth Wilson