The 2012 Halle Gerry Weber Open men’s main draw singles grass-court event commences on Monday 11 June at 2pm local time in Halle, Germany. In this post a number of interesting facts about the men’s singles main draw will be provided, the full singles draw and what the projected quarter finals match-ups are will be listed.
Halle is one of the ATP Tour 250 Tournaments each year and has 28 players vying for the title, a maximum of 250 ATP ranking points and € 119,800 (Euros) in prize money for the winner. Halle has a 32-draw divided up between 4 Qualifiers [Q], 3 Wild Cards [WC], 21 Direct Acceptances and 4 BYES. The Top 8 ranked players amongst the 21 Direct Acceptances become the seeds. The 8 seeds were ranked from World No.2 Rafael NADAL through to 2011 Halle champion and No.26 Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER pictured above.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 6 hours to the local time in Halle to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2012 Halle Open Order of Play once it is completed.
The cut-off date for entry was 30 April 2012 and Cedrik-Marcel STEBE of Germany with a ranking of No.91 that week was the last direct acceptance. As soon as the qualifying event is completed OnCourt Advantage will add the names into the spots in the draw below reserved for qualifiers denoted by a [Q].
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the round of 16 is:
- Rafael NADAL  v  Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER
- Tomas BERDYCH  v  Marcel GRANOLLERS
- Andreas SEPPI  v  Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV
- Milos RAONIC  v  Roger FEDERER
The 2012 Halle Men’s singles draw is:
- Rafael NADAL  v BYE
- Lukas LACKO v [Q] Konstantin KRAVCHUK
- Lukasz KUBOT v [WC] Dustin BROWN
- Alejandro FALLA v  Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER
- Tomas BERDYCH  v BYE
- Benjamin BECKER v Viktor TROICKI
- Tommy HAAS [WC] v Bernard TOMIC
- Mischa ZVEREV [Q] v  Marcel GRANOLLERS
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Andreas SEPPI  v Radek STEPANEK
- Cedrik-Marcel STEBE v Carlos BERLOCQ
- Mikhail YOUZHNY v Robin HAASE
- BYE v  Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV
- Milos RAONIC  v [WC] Philipp PETZSCHNER
- Tobias KAMKE v [Q] ZE Zhang
- Tim SMYCZEK [Q] v Florian MAYER
- BYE v  Roger FEDERER
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: Carine06