Fernando Verdasco (pictured above) is the current world No.10. This picture captures the excellent form that the left hander exhibits in preparation to hit his formidable serve.
Verdasco played a magnificent 5 hour and 14 minute 5 set match against the eventual champion and fellow countrymen Rafael Nadal in the semi finals of the 2009 Australian Open that was thrilling and great for online betting.
In this category called “Eye On The Tour” we will take a closer look at the players on the ATP World Tour.
Today we are listing the players ranking, their nationality, the number of ranking points that make up their 12 month total and the details about the racquet’s they use.
As of Monday August 3, 2009 the Top 10 ranked men are:
- Roger Federer (Swiss) 11,060 ranking points
- Rafael Nadal (Spanish) 9,285
- Andy Murray (British) 8,260
- Novak Djokovic (Serbian) 7,380
- Andy Roddick (American) 5,470
- Juan Martin del Potro (Argentinean) 5,005
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (French) 3,695
- Nikolay Davydenko (Russian) 3,525
- Gilles Simon (French) 3,330
- Fernando Verdasco (Spanish) 3,135
The following list contains some details of the racquets that the current world Top 10 men are using. We will list the details in the following order next to each player’s name:
- the brand of racquet;
- the model of that brand;
- the racquet length in inches (“);
- the size of the racquet head in square inches (sq.in.);
- the string pattern, mains (M) followed by crosses (X); and
- the strung weight of the racquet in grams (g).
- Federer – Wilson, [K] Factor K Six-One Tour, 27″, 95 sq.in., 16M 19X & 354g.
- Nadal – Babolat, Aero Pro Drive Cortex, 27″, 100 sq.in., 16M 19X & 320g.
- Murray – Head, Youtek Radical Pro, 27″, 100 sq.in., 16M 19X & 329g.
- Djokovic – Head, Youtek Speed, 27″, 100 sq.in. 18M 20X & 335g.
- Roddick – Babolat, Pure Drive Roddick GT Plus, 27.5″, 100 sq.in., 16M 19X & 332g.
- Del Potro – Wilson, [K] Six-One 95, 27″, 95 sq.in., 18M 20X & 349g.
- Tsonga – Wilson, [K] Factor Kobra Tour, 27″, 100 sq.in., 16M 19X & 323g.
- Davydenko – Prince, Ozone Pro Tour, 27″, 100 sq.in., 18M 20X & 343g.
- Simon – Head, MicroGEL Prestige, 27″, 93 sq.in., 18M 20X & 346g.
- Verdasco – Tecnifibre, TFlight 320 VO2 Max, 27″, 95 sq.in., 16M 19X & 337g.
If there any details or terms that are used above that you would like further explanation of please let us know.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2009