The 2013 Newport Hall of Fame Tennis Championships are being held for the 38th time at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island in the USA.
Below OnCourt Advantage details what the schedule of play is for every day i.e. what time play commences, and which round is being played so you can follow, watch and/or attend this tournament.
To watch the tennis in Singapore add 12 hours to the local times in Newport listed below to work out what the equivalent time in Singapore is.
The 28-year-old John Isner is pictured moments after making contact with the ball after moving inside the baseline and taking the ball on the rise with his forehand drive.
The 2.06m Isner is playing in his fifth Hall of Fame Tennis Championships after beginning in 2007 and 2008 as a first round loser. The American is gunning for a third straight singles title this year at Newport after winning ten matches in a row in 2011 and 2012 with the loss of just the one set.
The current World No.19 is the No.2 seed at Newport this year after achieving a career-high ranking to date of No.9 on 12 April 2012. The big serving right-hander is on a collision course with dual Grand Slam singles champion and former World No.1 Lleyton Hewitt in the semi finals, whom he defeated in the 2012 Newport final.
The schedule of play for the 2013 men’s singles event at Newport is:
- Saturday 6 July: Qualifying 1st round at 10am;
- Sunday 7 July: Qualifying 2nd round at 12 noon;
- Monday 8 July: Main Draw 1st round at 11am;
- Tuesday 9 July: Main Draw 1st round at 11am;
- Wednesday 10 July: 2nd round at 11am;
- Thursday 11 July: 2nd round at 11am;
- Friday 12 July: 3rd round at 11am;
- Saturday 13 July: Semi finals back-to-back from 2pm; and
- Sunday 14 July: Men’s Singles Final at 2pm.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
© photo credit: Andy2982