The 2011 Qatar Open women’s main draw singles matches will begin on Monday 21 February at 3pm local time in Doha. The singles event has a 32-draw divided up between 4 Qualifiers (Q), 2 Wild Cards (WC), 4 BYE’s and 22 direct acceptances.
The 8 seeds are selected according to the WTA rankings as at 14 February 2011. The Top 8 ranked players in the draw at that date become the 8 seeds.The Top 4 seeds will receive a BYE in the 1st round so will play their first match in the 2nd round.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. Click this link for details about how you can buy Qatar Open Official tennis tickets and you will also find full coverage of the Qatar Open.
The 2011 Qatar Open women’s singles draw for the 1st round is:
- Caroline WOZNIACKI (1) v BYE
- Nadia PETROVA v Roberta VINCI
- Flavia PENNETTA v ZHENG Jie
- Lucie SAFAROVA v (7) Agnieszka RADWANSKA
- Francesca SCHIAVONE (3) v BYE
- Kaia KANEPI Timea BACSINSZKY (LL) v (Q) PENG Shuai (Kanepi withdrew-FLU)
- Alisa KLEYBANOVA v Marion BARTOLI
- Svetlana KUZNETSOVA v (8) Shahar PEER
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Jelena JANKOVIC (5) v (WC) Fatma AL NABHANI
- Sania MIRZA (WC) v (Q) Bojana JOVANOVSKI (Maria KIRILENKO injured left hip)
- Alexandra DULGHERU v (LL) Klara ZAKOPALOVA
- BYE v (4) LI Na
- Victoria AZARENKA (6) v Daniela HANTUCHOVA
- Vera DUSHEVINA (Q) v Maria Jose MARTINEZ SANCHEZ
- Dominka CIBULKOVA v (Q) Jarmila GROTH
- BYE v (2) Vera ZVONAREVA
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: WTA