The 2012 Queen’s Club men’s tennis tournament is played on grass courts from June 9 to 17 and is an ATP Tour 250 category tournament. In this post how the ATP ranking points, prize money are allocated and what the schedule of play is so YOU can follow, watch and/or attend this tournament.
The men’s event schedule begins with the 27-player qualifying singles draw on Saturday 9 June. The Men’s Singles Final will be played on Sunday June 17. The total financial commitment for the 2012 tournament is 711,550 Euros (€), with the total prize money for the men’s singles event being €625,300. Click this link for details about how you can buy Queen’s Club Official tennis tickets and you will also find full coverage of Queen’s Club.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 7 hours to the local time in London to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2012 Queen’s Club Order of Play and Results.
Pictured above at the 2011 Queen’s Club event in the early phases of his formidable serve is No.9 seed Kevin Anderson. The 26-year-old has shown a steady improvement in his performances at Grand Slam tournaments over the past year in achieving his best singles results thus far in his career. Anderson is currently ranked No.30 and looks set to improve on his career-high ranking thus far of No.28, which he first achieved on 19 March 2012.
The 2.03m Anderson will be seeded to continue his improving record in Grand Slams at Wimbledon after winning his first ever main draw match in 2011 before losing in the 2nd round. In the past three Grand Slams he has made the 3rd round with both his losses at the 2012 Australian Open and Roland Garros 2012 to perennial Top 10 player Tomas Berdych. Encouragingly, his Australian Open was in straight sets whereas his Roland Garros to Berdych was after he led by two sets to one.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The ATP ranking points and prize money for the men’s tournament is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 250 points + €78,935;
- The runner-up earns 150 points + €44,945;
- The two semi finalists earn 90 + €25,940;
- The four quarter finalists earn 45 + €15,265;
- The eight players who lose in the round of 16 earn 20 + €8,900;
- The sixteen players who lose in the 2nd round earn 10 + €5,410;
- The *14 players who lose in the 1st round receive €3,290 but DO NOT earn any ranking points;
- The 4 players who qualify earn 5 points for qualifying;
- The 4 players who lose in the final round of qualifying earn 3 points + €1,030;
- The 8 players who lose in the 2nd round of qualifying receive €495 but DO NOT earn any ranking points; and
- The 11 players who lose in the 1st round of qualifying DO NOT earn any money or ranking points.
The schedule of play for the entire 2012 Queen’s Club men’s singles draw is:
- Saturday 9 June: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 11am;
- Sunday 10 June: Qualifying final round from 11am;
- Monday 11 June: Main Draw 1st round from 11:30am;
- Tuesday 12 June: 1st round from 11am;
- Wednesday 13 June: 2nd round from 11:30am;
- Thursday 14 June: Round of 16 from 12:30 noon;
- Friday 15 June: Quarter Finals from 11am;
- Saturday 16 June: Semi Finals back-to-back from 1:15pm; and
- Sunday 17 June: Men’s Singles Final at 2pm.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: tennis buzz