The 2013 Sydney International women’s main draw singles has just been released. In this post OnCourt Advantage lists details about the composition of the draw, the seeded match-ups for the quarter finals and semi finals and the full singles draw in an easy to follow format.
The 2013 Sydney International has 30 players vying for this WTA Premier category singles title, the trophy, a maximum of 470 WTA ranking points and $117,000 for the winner. The 8 seeds ranged in rankings from World No.4 Agnieszka RADWANSKA through to No.12 Nadia PETROVA. Christina MCHALE of the USA ranked at No.33 was the last direct acceptance to make the cut-off.
All of the players listed in the draw below except for the direct acceptances will have letters or a number in brackets in front of their names. A seeded player will have a number that denotes what number that player is seeded i.e.  for the No.1 seed. A wild card entrant is identified with – [WC], a player who won through the qualifying tournament i.e. a qualifier is [Q], a special entry or special exempt is [SE], a protected ranking is [PR] and a lucky loser is [LL].
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals is:
- Agnieszka RADWANSKA  v  Nadia PETROVA
- LI Na  v  Samantha STOSUR
The seeded match ups for the bottom half of the draw are:
- Petra KVITOVA  v  Sara ERRANI
- Caroline WOZNIACKI  v  Angelique KERBER
The four players that are bolded below make it easier for you to see who is seeded to meet in the semi finals.
The 2013 Sydney International women’s singles draw is:
- Agnieszka RADWANSKA  v BYE
- Casey DELLACQUA [WC] v [Q] Kimiko DATE-KRUMM
- Tamira PASZEK v Jelena JANKOVIC
- Roberta VINCI v  Nadia PETROVA
- LI Na  v Christina MCHALE
- Ayumi MORITA [Q] v Daniela HANTUCHOVA
- Lucie SAFAROVA v [Q] Madison KEYS
- ZHENG Jie v  Samantha STOSUR
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Petra KVITOVA  v Dominika CIBULKOVA
- Varvara LEPCHENKO v Ekaterina MAKAROVA
- Olivia ROGOWSKA [WC] v Maria KIRILENKO
- Karolina PLISKOVA [Q] v  Sara ERRANI
- Caroline WOZNIACKI  v Urszula RADWANSKA
- Svetlana KUZNETSOVA [Q] v Julia GOERGES
- Galina VOSKOBOEVA [Q] v Janina WICKMAYER
- BYE v  Angelique KERBER
© photo credit: Andy2982