A fantastic display by 21-year-old Petra Kvitova in her very first Grand Slam singles final in defeating former World No.1 and 3-time Grand Slam singles champion Maria Sharapova 6-3 6-4 in 1 hour and 25 minutes.
The 1.83m Kvitova produced her peak performance in the Ladies Singles Final at Wimbledon with an aggressive style of play that proved too much for the 24-year old Sharapova. It was certainly the left-handed Czech’s day as she proved she possessed the qualities of a true champion in being able to bring out her best tennis and perform at a higher level than her opponent, under pressure and at the critical SWING stages of each set and match.
Congratulations 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra KVITOVA! Here is the OCA champion tribute – Rhyme Time:
- Now a Wimbledon champion so call her kerVITTahVAH,
- This lady covers the court like a chee-TAH,
- 21-year-old Czech named Pe-TRA,
- Uses variety, yet attack is her man-TRA,
- Great use of her legs and body torque is the source of her p-ower,
- The 1.83m left-hander definitely ENJOYED her finest h-our
To follow this site in real time, click on-> Twitter@OnCourtAd and to join the friends of this site click-> Facebook OnCourt Advantage. Stay tuned to this tennis website for coverage of every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on both the WTA and ATP Tours. For further details about Wimbledon click-> Wimbledon 2011: June 13-July 3.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2011
© photo credit: WTA