The 2010 ATP Tour Finals round robin matches began on Sunday 21 November with the first day of matches for Group B. On Day 2 at 2pm local time in London, Great Britain the first day of play for the Group A players will be completed with World No.1 Rafael Nadal striving for a better outcome than he produced at the 2009 ATP Tour Finals where he lost all three round robin matches.
For the second straight year the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals are being held in London at the O2 Arena on indoor hard courts. The HEAD ATP Tour Tennis Ball is being used for this tournament. All matches are played using the best of three sets format, including the semi finals and the Men’s Singles Final.
- Roger Federer 1 match win & 2-0 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 12 games out of 17 in his games win-loss ratio
- Andy Murray 1 match win & 2-0 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 12 games out of 18 in his games win-loss ratio
- Robin Soderling 1 match loss & 0-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 6 games out of 18 in his games win-loss ratio
- David Ferrer 1 match loss & 0-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 5 games out of 17 in his games win-loss ratio
If you divide the number of games a player has won by the number of games they have played and multiply it by 100 you get the percentage for each player’s games win-loss ratio. This is the deciding factor in determining who makes the semi finals, if any two players are tied on match wins and win-loss ratio for sets at the end of the round robin.
Currently, in Group B Federer’s record is %70.5, Murray’ has %66.6, Soderling’ has %33.3 and Ferrer has %29.5. Further details will follow ASAP about the head-to-head records for all matches, how many ATP ranking points and prize money they have won thus far.
The player’s name that is bolded in the schedule of play below is OCA’s prediction of who will win each match. OCA will keep you updated with the results and scores of each match and the schedule of play throughout this tournament.
Group A Round robin matches: Schedule of play for Monday 22 November:
- At 2pm: No.3 seed Novak Djokovic v. No.6 seed Tomas Berdych
- At 8pm: No.1 seed Rafael Nadal versus No.8 Andy Roddick
Completed match results and scores on Day 2:
- Novak Djokovic defeated Tomas Berdych 6-3 6-3 in 1 hour and 28 minutes
- Rafael Nadal def. Andy Roddick 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-4 in 2 hours and 34 minutes
Group B Round robin matches: Schedule of play for Tuesday 23 November:
- At 2pm: No.1 seed Roger Federer v. No.5 seed Andy Murray
- At 8pm: No.4 seed Robin Soderling v. No.7 seed David Ferrer
Stay tuned to this tennis website for full coverage of every Grand Slam tournament and every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on the WTA and ATP Tours. Click this link for further details about the ATP Tour Finals -> ATP Tour Finals 2010: November 21-28.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2010
photo credit: Christian Mesiano