The 2010 ATP Tour Finals continue today with Day 3 of the 6-day round robin event to decide who the best four performed players are who will qualify for the semi finals on Saturday 27. Group B plays their second round of matches today where Roger Federer and Andy Murray are in the lead for the prized semi final berths with one win each and play their crucial match against each other.
The matches on Day 3 commence at 2pm local time in London, Great Britain for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals held are at the O2 Arena on the indoor hard courts with a seating capacity of 17,500 spectators. The HEAD ATP Tour Tennis Ball is being used for this tournament. All matches are played using the best of three sets format, including the semi finals and the Men’s Singles Final.
- Novak Djokovic 1 match win & 2-0 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 12 games out of 18 in his games win-loss ratio
- Rafael Nadal 1 match win & 2-1 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 16 games out of 32 in his games win-loss ratio
- Andy Roddick 1 match loss & 1-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 16 games out of 32 in his games win-loss ratio
- Tomas Berdych 1 match loss & 0-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 6 games out of 18 in his games win-loss ratio
- Roger Federer 1 match win & 2-0 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 12 games out of 17 in his games win-loss ratio
- Andy Murray 1 match win & 2-0 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 12 games out of 18 in his games win-loss ratio
- Robin Soderling 1 match loss & 0-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 6 games out of 18 in his games win-loss ratio
- David Ferrer 1 match loss & 0-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 5 games out of 17 in his games win-loss ratio
If you divide the number of games a player has won by the number of games they have played and multiply it by 100 you get the percentage for each player’s games win-loss ratio. This is the deciding factor in determining who makes the semi finals, if any two players are tied on match wins and win-loss ratio for sets at the end of the round robin.
Currently, in Group A Djokovic’s record is %66.6, Nadal has %50, Roddick has %50 and Berdych has %33.3. In Group B Federer’s record is %70.5, Murray’ has %66.6, Soderling’ has %33.3 and Ferrer has %29.5.
Further details will follow ASAP about the head-to-head records for all matches, how many ATP ranking points and prize money they have won thus far.
The player’s name that is bolded in the schedule of play below is OCA’s prediction of who will win each match. OCA will keep you updated here with the results and scores of each match and the schedule of play throughout this tournament.
Group B Round robin matches: Schedule of play for Tuesday 23 November:
- At 2pm: No.1 seed Roger Federer versus No.5 seed Andy Murray
- At 8pm: No.4 seed Robin Soderling v. No.7 seed David Ferrer
Completed match results and scores on Day 3:
- Roger Federer defeated Andy Murray 6-4 6-2 in 1 hour and 16 minutes
- Robin Soderling def. David Ferrer 7-5 7-5 in 1 hour and 41 minutes
Stay tuned to this tennis website for full coverage of every Grand Slam tournament and every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on the WTA and ATP Tours. Click this link for further details about the ATP Tour Finals -> ATP Tour Finals 2010: November 21-28.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2010
photo credit: y.caradec