Last updated on November 25 at 10:55pm London time. See the latest scores and results below…Roger Federer won his group with a 3-0 win-loss record in matches, whilst Andy Murray was the runner-up with a 2-1 record. Robin Soderling was 3rd with 1-2 and David Ferrer was 4th with 0-3.
The 2010 ATP Tour Finals continue today with Day 5 of the 6-day round robin event to decide who the best four performed players are who will qualify for the semi finals on Saturday 27. Group B plays their third round of matches today where Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Robin Soderling and David Ferrer battle it out for the two semi final berths.
The matches on Day 5 commence at 2pm local time in London, Great Britain for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals held are at the O2 Arena on the indoor hard courts with a seating capacity of 17,500 spectators. The HEAD ATP Tennis Ball is being used for this tournament. All matches are played using the best of three sets format, including the semi finals and the Men’s Singles Final.
Believe it or not, Federer and Nadal can still miss out on making it to the semi finals and all 4 players are still in contention to make the semi finals in both Groups, so don’t miss the final round robin matches today and tomorrow.
- Rafael Nadal 2 match wins & 4-1 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 29 games out of 52 in his games win-loss ratio
- Novak Djokovic 1 match win & 2-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 19 games out of 38 in his games win-loss ratio
- Tomas Berdych 1 match win & 2-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 19 games out of 39 in his games win-loss ratio
- Andy Roddick 2 matches lost & 1-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 24 games out of 53 in his games win-loss ratio
- Roger Federer 2 match wins & 4-0 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 24 games out of 35 in his games win-loss ratio
- Andy Murray 1 match win & 2-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 18 games out of 36 in his games win-loss ratio
- Robin Soderling 1 match win & 2-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 20 games out of 42 in his games win-loss ratio
- David Ferrer 2 matches lost & 0-4 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 15 games out of 41 in his games win-loss ratio
If you divide the number of games a player has won by the number of games they have played and multiply it by 100 you get the percentage for each player’s games win-loss ratio. This is the deciding factor in determining who makes the semi finals, if any two players are tied on match wins and win-loss ratio for sets at the end of the round robin.
Currently, in Group A Nadal’s record is %55.7, Djokovic has %50, Berdych has %48.7 and Roddick has %45.2. In Group B Federer’s record is %68.5, Murray’ has %50, Soderling’ has %47.6 and Ferrer has %36.5. Further details will follow ASAP about the head-to-head records for all matches, how many ATP ranking points and prize money they have won thus far.
The player’s name that is bolded in the schedule of play below is OCA’s prediction of who will win each match. OCA will keep you updated here with the results and scores of each match and the schedule of play throughout this tournament.
Group B Round robin matches: Schedule of play for Thursday 25 November:
- At 2pm: No.2 seed Roger Federer versus No.4 seed Robin Soderling
- At 8pm: No.5 seed Andy Murray v. No.7 seed David Ferrer
Completed match results and scores on Day 5:
- Roger Federer defeated Robin Soderling 7-6 (7-5), 6-3 in 1 hour and 28 minutes
- Andy Murray def. David Ferrer 6-2 6-2 in 1 hour and 9 minutes
Stay tuned to this tennis website for full coverage of every Grand Slam tournament and every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on the WTA Tour and ATP Tours. Click this link for further details about the ATP Tour Finals -> ATP Tour Finals 2010: November 21-28.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2010
photo credit: CassiaA