In tennis the 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals round robin singles matches begin today – Sunday 20 November in London, England at the O2 Arena. You can watch the ATP Tour Finals tennis in Singapore at 10pm then at 4am for the 1st and 2nd match each day for the entire first week of this tournament.
The ATP Tour Finals is an eight-player tournament and an eight-day event that is the Final Showdown for men’s professional tennis each year on the ATP Tour. In this series of 8 articles I will supply numerous details specific to each player, how to buy your tickets and an individual schedule of play so you know exactly which days to watch your favourite players in action. For further ATP Finals details click the following link-> 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals London.
The 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals qualifier Mardy FISH is pictured above in position to execute this double-handed backhand drive at the 2011 Cincinnati Open Masters 1000 tournament. The 1.88m FISH is currently ranked at No.8 in the ATP rankings and was drawn in Group B. By qualifying on November 10 FISH earned himself a great opportunity to set an even higher career-high ranking in his career-best season.
The 29-year-old has defeated the two all-time tennis greats in MAJOR tournaments in his group, both Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. The right-handed American is tied at one win a piece with both Federer and Nadal in his last two matches against both former World No.1’s. FISH is pictured again below just after making contact with the ball for another great double-handed backhand drive during the 2011 Cincinnati Open where he defeated Nadal in straight sets 6-3 6-4.
Interestingly, FISH was the 1999 Singapore ITF Junior Tour singles title winner Fish and achieved a career-high ITF Junior singles ranking of No.14 later that year. Fish achieved his best result in a Junior Grand Slam singles event by making the quarter finals at the 1999 US Open ITF Junior tennis championships.
A quick look at more very interesting FISHY details…
- Who is in his Group: Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- Round robin schedule: Sunday 20, Tuesday 22 and Thursday 24 November
- Career-high ranking: No.7 which he first achieved on 15 August 2011
- Best result in ATP Tour Finals: at the top of his game in 2011 rewarded with his 1st qualification in London
- 2011 singles win-loss record: 43 wins and 22 losses
- Best Grand Slam singles result: Quarter Finalist at Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2008 and Australian Open 2007
- Career singles titles won: 6 and runner-up 14 times
- Is he on Twitter: Yes – follow him-> @MardyFish
- Tennis racquet: WILSON BLX Six.One 95 18×20, follow Wilson-> @WilsonTennis
- Tennis Gear: K-Swiss – follow K-Swiss on Twitter-> @KSwiss
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© 1st photo credit: Beth Wilson
© 2nd photo credit: Beth Wilson