The 2011 Indian Wells Open men’s singles main draw 3rd round matches will begin on Monday 14 March and the sixteen matches will be completed over two days. The tournament really heats up once we hit the 3rd round due to the fact that the seeds are drawn to play-off against each other for the first time.
In this post the full men’s singles draw for the 3rd round will be listed below plus a number of interesting facts about the remaining seeds, wild cards and qualifiers. OCA will provide some interesting details about the former champions and finalists at Indian Wells as well.
If you need any further details about INDIAN WELLS please leave a comment. Click this link to follow this site in real time on Twitter @OnCourtAd and click this link to join the friends of this site on Facebook OnCourtAdvantage.
In an exact replica of what happened in the women’s 2nd round, 25% of the 32 seeds were knocked out in the 2nd round leaving 24 seeds amongst the final 32 players playing for a spot in the round of 16. The highest seeded players to be knocked in the 2nd round were: No.5 Andy Murray, No.6 seed David Ferrer, No.13 Mardy Fish and defending champion No.14 seed Ivan Ljubicic. Ten of the sixteen 3rd round matches went according to seeding and one match in the 3rd round is between two wild cards.
The Wild Cards:
More details to follow ASAP…
More details to follow ASAP…
To see the FULL 2011 Men’s Schedule of Play, prize money and ATP ranking points earned per round plus more details about the qualifying event click-> Indian Wells 2011 Men’s Schedule of Play.
Only the Top 16 seeds names will be bolded in the draw below. This will make it easier to spot which Top 16 seeds are drawn to play each other for a spot in the quarter finals and whose draw has opened up after a Top 16 seed being upset in that section of the draw.
The 2011 Indian Wells Open Men’s singles 3rd round draw is:
- Rafael NADAL (1) v (Q) Ryan SWEETING (27) Monaco
- (19) Baghdatis (Q) Somdev DEVVARMAN v Xavier MALISSE (15) Tsonga
- Nicolas ALMAGRO (11) v (23) Albert MONTANES
- Gilles SIMON (28) v Ivo KARLOVIC (6) Ferrer
- Robin SODERLING (4) v (32) Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER
- Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV (20) v Juan Martin DEL POTRO v (14) Ljubicic
- Fernando VERDASCO (9) v (21) Sam QUERREY
- Tommy ROBREDO (25) v (Q) Donald YOUNG (5) Murray
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Andy RODDICK (8) v (30) John ISNER
- Richard GASQUET (18) v (10) Jurgen MELZER
- Viktor TROICKI (16) v (24) Michael LLODRA
- Ernests GULBIS (31) v (3) Novak DJOKOVIC
- Tomas BERDYCH (7) v (26) Thomaz BELLUCCI
- Marin CILIC (17) v (12) Stanislas WAWRINKA
- (13) Fish Milos RAONIC (WC) v (WC) Ryan HARRISON (22) Garcia-Lopez
- Juan Ignacio CHELA (29) v (2) Roger FEDERER
Stay tuned to this tennis website for coverage of every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on both the WTA and ATP Tours. Click this link for further details about Indian Wells-> Indian Wells 2011: March 7-20.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2011
photo credit: angela n.