The 2012 Miami Open men’s main draw singles 3rd round matches will begin on Sunday 25 March at 11am local time in Miami, Florida. In this post the 3rd round men’s singles main draw will be provided highlighting the remaining players seeded to progress through to the round of 16, including how the seeds, wild cards and qualifiers have performed to date and the order of play.
The third tournament of the “BIG 14″ MAJOR events in 2012 has 32 players remaining in the 3rd round vying for this prestigious title, 1,000 ATP ranking points and $659,775 US dollars in prize money for the winner.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage.
Eight of the twelve qualifiers defeated higher ranked opponents in the first round but were unable to out perform any of the seeds. Only 19-year-old American Ryan HARRISON of the five wild cards won through to the second round. Roger Federer ended his run 6-2, 7-6 (7-3) in the best showing by the current No.73 in his fourth Miami Open in yet another step forward for the American No.6.
Only three of the 32 seeds were upset in their 2nd round matches by unseeded opponents. The highest seed to be upset was No.15 seed Feliciano Lopez by fellow left-handed Spaniard and current World No.56 Albert RAMOS in his first ever Miami Open. Current No.83 Lukas ROSOL from the Czech Republic in his first main draw appearance in Miami knocked out No.24 seed Marcel Granollers. Current No.101 Grigor DIMITROV and Bulgarian No.1 defeated No.29 seed Juan Ignacio Chela after the 20-year-old qualified then lost his 1st round match in his debut at Miami in 2011.
The full 3rd round order of play is listed in the comments section below this article, click here to go straight there-> Miami Open 3rd round order of play. Click the following link for details about how you can buy Miami Open Official tennis tickets and for the full coverage of the Miami Open, including the entire tournament schedule of play, the round-by-round breakdown of prize money and ranking points.
The 2012 Miami men’s singles draw for the 3rd round is:
- Novak DJOKOVIC (1) v (27) Viktor TROICKI
- Richard GASQUET (17) v Albert RAMOS
- Juan Martin DEL POTRO (11) v (23) Marin CILIC
- Julien BENNETEAU (30) v (5) David FERRER
- Roger FEDERER (3) v (31) Andy RODDICK
- Juan MONACO (21) v (14) Gael MONFILS
- Nicolas ALMAGRO (12) v (20) Fernando VERDASCO
- Kevin ANDERSON (28) v (8) Mardy FISH
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Tomas BERDYCH (7) v Grigor DIMITROV
- Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV (18) v (9) Janko TIPSAREVIC
- Gilles SIMON (13) v (22) Jurgen MELZER
- Milos RAONIC (26) v (4) Andy MURRAY
- Jo-Wilfried TSONGA (6) v (32) Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER
- Florian MAYER (19) v (10) John ISNER
- Kei NISHIKORI (16) v Lukas ROSOL
- Radek STEPANEK (25) v (2) Rafael NADAL
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: Richard van loon