The 2013 Miami Open men’s singles main draw matches begin on Wednesday 20 March at 11am local time in Miami, Florida in the USA. Below OnCourt Advantage lists a number of interesting facts, including how the ATP ranking points and prize money are allocated for each round and what the schedule of play is for the entire tournament, to make it easier for YOU to follow, watch or attend Miami.
Miami is an ATP Tour Masters 1000 category tournament making it the 3rd MAJOR tournament of the “BIG 14″ for the men’s professional tennis tour this year. Buy your Miami Official tennis tickets now! To watch the tennis in Singapore add 12 hours to the local times in Miami listed below.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The ATP ranking points and prize money for the men’s tournament is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 1,000 points + $719,160;
- The runner-up earns 600 points + $350,970;
- The two semi finalists earn 360 points + $175,900;
- The four quarter finalists earn 180 points + $89,670;
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 90 points + $47,270;
- The 16 players who lose in the 3rd round earn 45 points + $25,300;
- The 32 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 25 points + $13,660;
- The 32*players who lose in the 1st round earn 10 points + $8,370.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
For further details about the different rankings points allocations for different situations for 1st round losers and for players who gain entry into the main draw from the qualifying event you will be able to click here once the following post is completed-> Miami 2013 Men’s Singles Draw: Qualifying.
To get you started, did you know that if any of the 32 seeded players who lose their first match after being given a bye into the 2nd round are treated as a 1st round loser for ranking points allocation purposes i.e. they receive 10 points for losing their first match.
The schedule of play for the 2013 Miami men’s singles draw is:
- Monday 18 March: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 10am;
- Tuesday 19 March: Qualifying Draw 2nd round from 10am;
- Wednesday 20 March: Main Draw 1st round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Thursday 21 March: 1st round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Friday 22 March: 2nd round from 11am and 8pm
- Saturday 23 March: 2nd round from 11am and 8pm;
- Sunday 24 March: 3rd round round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Monday 25 March: 3rd round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Tuesday 26 March: Round of 16 from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Wednesday 27 March: Quarter Finals from 11am and 7pm;
- Thursday 28 March: Quarter Finals from 1pm and 7pm;
- Friday 29 March: Semi Finals from 1pm and 7pm;
- Saturday 30 March: no men’s singles matches today; and
- Sunday 31 March: Men’s Singles Finals at 12:30pm.
© photo credit: HEAD Tennis