The 2013 Miami men’s qualifying singles draw 1st round matches begin on Monday 18 March at 11am local time in Key Biscayne, Miami Florida. OnCourt Advantage provides some interesting facts about the men’s qualifying and the full list of the qualifying draw below.
The 2013 Miami Open is the third MAJOR tournament of the “BIG 14″ tournaments each year. There are 128 players vying for the title, a maximum of 1000 ATP ranking points and $719,160 in prize money for the winner. To work out when to watch the Miami Open tennis in Singapore add 12 hours to the local time in Miami for this full 2013 Men’s Schedule of Play.
The Miami qualifying singles event is a 48-player draw divided up between 5 Wild Cards [WC] and 43 Direct Acceptances vying for the 12 spots allocated to qualifiers in the singles main draw.
The Top 24 ranked players amongst the 43 Direct Acceptances according to the ATP rankings on 4 March 2013 become the 24 seeds. The 24 seeds were ranked from world No.72 (Michael RUSSELL) through to No.118 (Matteo VIOLA).
The 2013 Miami Open men’s qualifying singles draw is:
- Michael RUSSELL  v Joao SOUZA
- Ryan SWEETING [WC] v  Dudi SELA
- Daniel BRANDS  v [WC] Deiton BAUGHMAN
- Ivan SERGEYEV v  Marc GICQUEL
- Dmitry TURSUNOV  v Florent SERRA
- Antonio VEIC v  Bjorn PHAU
- Edouard ROGER-VASSELIN  v [WC] Yuki BHAMBRI
- Yoshihito NISHIOKA [WC] v  Thiemo DE BAKKER
- Guillaume RUFIN  v Uladzimir IGNATIK
- Thiago ALVES v  Matteo VIOLA
- Martin ALUND  v Paul CAPDEVILLE
- Olivier ROCHUS v  Philipp PETZSCHNER
- Jan HAJEK  v Mischa ZVEREV
- Steve JOHNSON v  Matthew EBDEN
- Rajeev RAM  v Diego Sebastian SCHWARTZMAN
- Michael BERRER v  Andreas HAIDER-MAURER
- Kenny DE SCHEPPER  v Frank DANCEVIC
- Illya MARCHENKO v  Rogerio DUTRA SILVA
- Tim SMYCZEK  v Gastao ELIAS
- Wayne ODESNIK v  Matthias BACHINGER
- Steve DARCIS  v Marius COPIL
- Ivo KARLOVIC v  Jan-Lennard STRUFF
- Sergiy STAKHOVSKY  v Jack SOCK
- Robby GINEPRI [WC] v  Adrian UNGUR
© photo credit: Beth Wilson