The 2012 Monte Carlo Open men’s main draw singles matches begin on Sunday 15 April at 12 noon local time in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin in France (which borders on Monaco). In this post a number of interesting facts will be provided, including how the ATP ranking points and prize money are allocated for each round and what the schedule of play is for the entire tournament.
Monte Carlo is an ATP Tour Masters 1000 category tournament making it the 4th MAJOR tournament of the “BIG 14″ for the men’s professional tennis tour this year. Click this link for details about how you can buy Monte Carlo Open Official tennis tickets and you will also find full coverage of Monte Carlo.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 6 hours to the local time in Monte Carlo to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2012 Monte Carlo results and Order of Play.
The men’s event schedule begins with the 28-player qualifying singles draw on Saturday 14 April. The Men’s Singles Final will be played on Sunday April 22. The total financial commitment for the 2012 tournament is 2,744,225 Euros (€), with the total prize money for the men’s singles event being € 2,427,975.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The ATP ranking points and prize money for the men’s tournament is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 1,000 points + € 460,260;
- The runner-up earns 600 points + € 225,680;
- The two semi finalists earn 360 + € 113,580;
- The four quarter finalists earn 180 + € 57,755,
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 90 + € 30,000;
- The 16 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 45 + € 15,810;
- The *24 players who lose in the 1st round earn 10 points + € 8,535;
- The 7 players who qualify earn 25 points for qualifying;
- The 14 players who lose in the final round of qualifying earn 16 points + € 1,965;
- The 14 players who lose in the 1st round of qualifying receive € 1,000 but DO NOT earn any ranking points.
The schedule of play for the entire 2012 Monte Carlo Open men’s singles draw is:
- Saturday 14 April: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 10:30am;
- Sunday 15 April: Qualifying 2nd round & Main Draw 1st round from 10:30am;
- Monday 16 April: Main Draw 1st round from 10:30am
- Tuesday 17 April: 1st round from 10:30am;
- Wednesday 18 April: 2nd round from 10:30am;
- Thursday 19 April: Round of 16 from 10:30am;
- Friday 20 April: Quarter Finals from 10:30am;
- Saturday 21 April: Semi Finals back-to-back from 1pm and 3pm;
- Sunday 22 April: Men’s Singles Finals at 2pm;
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
Did you know that if any of the 8 seeded players who lose their first match after being given a bye into the 2nd round are treated as a 1st round loser for ranking points allocation purposes i.e. they receive 10 points for losing their first match.
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: Beth Wilson