The 2013 Monte Carlo men’s singles main draw matches at the Monte Carlo Country Club begin on Sunday 14 April at 10:30am local time in Monaco. Below OnCourt Advantage lists a number of interesting facts, including how the ATP ranking points and prize money are allocated for each round and what the schedule of play is for the entire tournament, to make it easier for YOU to follow, watch or attend Monte Carlo.
Monte Carlo is an ATP Tour Masters 1000 category tournament making it the 4th major tournament of the “BIG 14″ for the men’s professional tennis tour this year. Buy your Monte Carlo Official tennis tickets now! To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 6 hours to the local time in Monte Carlo to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2013 Monte Carlo Order of Play.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The ATP ranking points and prize money is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 1,000 points + € 501,700;
- The runner-up earns 600 points + € 246,000;
- The two semi finalists earn 360 + € 123,800;
- The four quarter finalists earn 180 + € 62,950,
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 90 + € 32,700;
- The 16 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 45 + € 17,235;
- The *24 players who lose in the 1st round earn 10 points + € 9,305.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
For further details about the different rankings points allocations for different situations for 1st round losers and for players who gain entry into the main draw from the qualifying event you will be able to click here once the following post is completed-> Monte Carlo 2013 Men’s Singles Draw: Qualifying.
To get you started, did you know that if any of the 8 seeded players who lose their first match after being given a bye into the 2nd round are treated as a 1st round loser for ranking points allocation purposes i.e. they receive 10 points for losing their first match.
The schedule of play for the entire 2013 Monte Carlo Open men’s singles draw is:
- Saturday 13 April: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 10:30am;
- Sunday 14 April: Qualifying 2nd round & Main Draw 1st round from 10:30am;
- Monday 15 April: Main Draw 1st round from 10:30am
- Tuesday 16 April: 1st round from 10:30am;
- Wednesday 17 April: 2nd round from 10:30am;
- Thursday 18 April: Round of 16 from 10:30am;
- Friday 19 April: Quarter Finals from 10:30am;
- Saturday 20 April: Semi Finals back-to-back from 1pm and 3pm;
- Sunday 21 April: Men’s Singles Finals at 2pm.
© photo credit: Beth Wilson
1st published 27-3-2013