The 2013 Rome men’s singles main draw matches begin on Sunday 12 May at 1pm local time in Rome, Italy and are being played at the Foro Italico sports complex originally named Foro Mussolini. Below OnCourt Advantage lists a number of interesting facts, including how the ATP ranking points and prize money are allocated for each round and what the schedule of play is for the entire tournament, to make it easier for YOU to follow, watch or attend Rome.
Rome is an ATP Tour Masters 1000 category tournament making it the 6th major tournament of the “BIG 14″ for the men’s professional tennis tour this year. Buy your Rome Official tennis tickets now! To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 6 hours to the local time in Rome to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2013 Rome Order of Play.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The ATP ranking points and prize money for the men’s tournament is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 1,000 points + € 501,700;
- The runner-up earns 600 points + € 246,000;
- The two semi finalists earn 360 + € 123,800;
- The four quarter finalists earn 180 + € 62,950,
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 90 + € 32,700;
- The 16 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 45 + € 17,235; and
- The *24 players who lose in the 1st round earn 10 points + € 9,305.
The schedule of play for the entire 2013 Rome men’s singles draw is:
- Saturday 11 May: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 10am;
- Sunday 12 May: Qualifying 2nd round from 10am;
- Sunday 12 May: Main Draw 1st round from 1pm;
- Monday 13 May: 1st round from 11am;
- Tuesday 14 May: 1st round & 2nd round from 11am;
- Wednesday 15 May: 2nd round & round of 16 from 11am;
- Thursday 16 May: Round of 16 from 11am;
- Friday 17 May: Quarter Finals from 12pm;
- Saturday 18 May: 1st Semi Final at 4pm & 2nd Semi Final at 8pm; and
- Sunday 19 May: Men’s Singles Finals at 4pm.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
For further details about the different rankings points allocations for different situations for 1st round losers and for players who gain entry into the main draw from the qualifying event you will be able to click here once the following post is completed-> Rome 2013 Men’s Singles Draw: Qualifying.
© photo courtesy of Babolat follow @Babolat on Twitter.
First published on 27 March 2013