photo credit:Christian Mesiano
Last updated on October 14 at 6:45am in Shanghai. See the latest scores and results below…
The 2010 Shanghai Open men’s main draw singles matches began on Sunday 10 October in Shanghai, China. After the weather interrupted yesterday’s playing schedule 7 1st round matches are yet to be completed. Today fifteen 2nd round matches will be played and prior to that those 7 1st round matches. The players who win those first round matches will play another match today after suitable rest.
We will keep you updated here at OCA with the results and scores of each match and the schedule of play throughout this tournament. Stay tuned as the fight continues for the 5 remaining spots in the ATP Tour Finals.
Pictured above is 2009 Shanghai Open Men’s Singles quarter finalist Tomas Berdych as he is about to bring his tennis racquet around make contact with the ball for this forehand drive. The 25 year old from the Czech Republic is the currently ranked at a career World No.7 and close to taking one of ONLY 8 spots in the ATP Tour Finals in London.
Berdych has never qualified for the ATP Tour Finals before so he will be doing his best to achieve more career best results in the remainder of his career best year on the ATP Tour. Berdych has won an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 singles title, the 2005 Paris Open. This year he achieved his 2nd best result in a Masters 1000 tournament by being the runner-up on the hard courts at the Miami Open.
Berdych uses the HEAD YouTek Radical MP tennis racquet. To get the best deal in Hong Kong on tennis racquets and tennis gear click here. The 1.96m Berdych was the runner-up at Wimbledon this year and a semi finalist at Roland Garros as well. He is the first player through to the round of 16 and the No.7 seed at the Shanghai Open.
The player’s name that is bolded in the 2nd round singles draw below is OCA’s prediction of who will win each match.
The 2010 Shanghai Open men’s singles draw for the 2nd round is:
- (1) Rafael Nadal v. v. Stanislas Wawrinka
- (LL) Daniel Gimeno-Traver v. (13) Jurgen Melzer
- (9) Verdasco Thiemo De Bakker v. Juan Monaco
- (Q) Mischa Zverev v. (6) Nikolay Davydenko
- (4) Andy Murray v. (WC) Bai Yan
- (Q) Jeremy Chardy v. Alexandr Dolgopolov (16) Almagro
- (12) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga v. Sam Querrey OR Michael Berrer
- Florian Mayer OR (Q) Kevin Anderson v. (8) Mikhail Youzhny
- (5) Robin Soderling v. Janko Tipsarevic
- Thomaz Bellucci OR (Q) Marsel Ilhan v. (11) David Ferrer
- (14) Marin Cilic OR Andreas Seppi v. (WC) Wu Di OR Lu Yen-Hsun
- John Isner v. (3) Roger Federer
- (7) Tomas Berdych v. Tommy Robredo
- Guillermo Garcia-Lopez v. (10) Andy Roddick
- (15) Gael Monfils OR (Q) Benjamin Becker v. Ernests Gulbis OR Richard Gasquet
- Ivan Ljubicic v. (2) Novak Djokovic
2nd round match completed on Tuesday 12 October:
- (7) Tomas Berdych defeated Tommy Robredo 6-0 6-4
2nd round matches scheduled for Wednesday 13 October:
- (1) Rafael Nadal def. Stanislas Wawrinka 6-4 6-4
- (LL) Daniel Gimeno-Traver lost to (13) Jurgen Melzer 3-6, 6-7 (2-7)
- Thiemo De Bakker lost to Juan Monaco
- (Q) Mischa Zverev def. (6) Nikolay Davydenko
- (4) Andy Murray def. (WC) Bai Yan 6-2 6-2
- (Q) Jeremy Chardy def. Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-1, 5-7, 6-2
- (12) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga def. Sam Querrey
- Florian Mayer def. (8) Mikhail Youzhny
- (5) Robin Soderling def. Janko Tipsarevic 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)
- Thomaz Bellucci lost to (11) David Ferrer
- Andreas Seppi v. Lu Yen-Hsun
- John Isner lost to (3) Roger Federer
- (7) Tomas Berdych def. Tommy Robredo 6-0 6-4
- Guillermo Garcia-Lopez def. (10) Andy Roddick 3-6 3-2 retired
- (15) Gael Monfils lost to Richard Gasquet
- Ivan Ljubicic lost to (2) Novak Djokovic 3-6 3-6
- 1st round: Sam Querrey def. Michael Berrer
- 1st round: Florian Mayer def. (Q) Kevin Anderson
- 1st round: Thomaz Bellucci def. (Q) Marsel Ilhan
- 1st round: (14) Marin Cilic lost to Andreas Seppi
- 1st round: (WC) Wu Di lost to Lu Yen-Hsun
- 1st round: (15) Gael Monfils def. (Q) Benjamin Becker
- 1st round: Ernests Gulbis lost to Richard Gasquet
Stay tuned to this tennis website for full coverage of every Grand Slam tournament and every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on the WTA Tour and ATP Tours. Click this link for further details about the Shanghai Open including the schedule of play -> Shanghai Open 2010: October 9-17.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2010