photo credit:Spicks & Specks
Pictured above is the centre court at the Japan Open. This year the Japan Open is called the Toray Pan Pacific Open and is held at the Ariake Colosseum, Ariake Tennis Forest Park. The Japan Open is the 5th and final Premier FIVE level tournament making it one of the most important tournaments on the WTA Tour each year.
This women’s tournament runs from September 24 through to Women’s Singles Final Day on Sunday 2 October. The main draw contains 56 players and the qualifying event fields a further 32 players.
This year the 1st round of the main draw will commence on Sunday 26 September and the qualifying event will begin on Friday 24 September. Pictured above is Japan’s No.1 player Kimiko Date Krumm at the Japan Open just after making contact with the ball for this double handed backhand drive.
Krumm is currently ranked No.50 in the world and always has her birthday during this event. Krumm will turn 40, yes that’s correct – 40 years old in the middle of the tournament on September 28. The former World No.4 is huge in Japan and will be looking to continue her climb back up the rankings after making her comeback to professional tennis, which she can do if she wins her 1st round match.
This post is the 16th in a series that aims to make it much easier for you to find what you are looking for on this tennis website. In order for you to find out more about what you are interested in or are searching for, we will supply all of the links within this single post that are related to one particular topic.
Today’s topic is the 2010 Japan Open Women’s Championships. When all future coverage of the Japan Open is added to this tennis website, it will be continually updated on this directory page. Add this page to your favourites to make coming back here EASY!
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Singles Final
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Singles Final Preview
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Semi Finals
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Quarter Finals
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Last 16
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Singles Results
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s 1st Round
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Singles Draw: Qualifiers
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Singles Draw
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Singles Draw: Qualifying
- Japan Open 2010 Women’s Schedule of Play
- Women’s Tennis Results in Tokyo, Japan
- WTA Major Tournament #8: Tokyo, Japan
- What’s Next on the 2010 Women’s Tour?
- What’s Next in Women’s Tennis? Part 2
- Understanding Women’s Tennis Rankings #1
- Understanding the Women’s Pro Tour #1
- Understanding the Women’s Pro Tour #2
If there is anything further you would like to know about please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2010