The 2012 Madrid Open women’s tennis championships are the third of the four WTA Premier Mandatory category tournaments of 2012 and the 5th MAJOR tournament of the “BIG 14″ tournaments for the women’s professional tennis tour each year. This post covers how the WTA ranking points and prize money are allocated plus what the schedule of play is so YOU can follow, watch and/or attend this tournament.
The women’s event schedule begins with the 32-player qualifying singles draw on Friday 4 May. The Women’s Singles Final will be played on Sunday May 13. The total prize money for the women’s singles event is € 3,755,140 Euros (€). Click this link for details about how you can buy Madrid Open Official tennis tickets and you will also find full coverage of Madrid.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 6 hours to the local time in Madrid to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2012 Madrid Open Order of Play.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The WTA ranking points and prize money for the women’s tournament is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 1,000 points + € 631,000;
- The runner-up earns 700 points + € 313,00;
- The two semi finalists earn 450 + € 149,500;
- The four quarter finalists earn 250 + € 70,000,
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 140 + € 33,000;
- The 16 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 80 + € 17,500;
- The *32 players who lose in the 1st round earn 5 points + € 8,750;
- The 8 players who qualify earn 30 points for qualifying;
- The 16 players who lose in the final round of qualifying earn 20 points + € 2,375;
- The 16 players who lose in the 1st round of qualifying receive 1 ranking point + € 1,140.
The schedule of play for the entire 2012 Madrid Open women’s singles draw is:
- Friday 4 May: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 11am;
- Saturday 5 May: Qualifying 2nd round from 11am;
- Saturday 5 May: Main Draw 1st round from 11am;
- Sunday 6 May: 1st round from 11am;
- Monday 7 May: 2nd round from 11am;
- Tuesday 8 May: 2nd round from 11am;
- Wednesday 9 May: Round of 16 from 10:30am;
- Thursday 10 May: Round of 16 from 11am;
- Friday 11 May: Quarter Finals from 11am;
- Saturday 12 May: Semi Finals from 11am; and
- Sunday 13 May: Women’s Singles Finals at 1:30pm.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
For further details about the different rankings points allocations for different situations for 1st round losers and for players who gain entry into the main draw from the qualifying event you will be able to click here once the following post is completed-> Madrid 2012 Women’s Qualifying Singles Draw.
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: 6cab