The 2013 Miami Open women’s singles main draw matches begin one day before the men on Tuesday 19 March at 11am local time in Miami, Florida in the USA. Below OnCourt Advantage lists a number of interesting facts, including how the WTA ranking points and prize money are allocated for each round and what the schedule of play is for the entire tournament, to make it easier for YOU to follow, watch or attend Miami.
Miami is a WTA Premier Mandatory category tournament making it the 4th MAJOR tournament of the “BIG 14″ for the women’s professional tennis tour this year. Buy your Miami Official tennis tickets now! To watch the tennis in Singapore add 12 hours to the local times in Miami listed below.
The women receive more prize money than the men do in every round of the main draw that they progress to. The women also are awarded more ranking points than the men are in every round of the main draw, except the 1st round where it’s 5 WTA versus 10 ATP ranking points. In addition, the champion receives 1,000 ranking points in both the men’s and women’s singles events.
You can compare the prize money and points allocation by seeing the Miami 2013 Men’s Schedule of Play, which contains the prize money distribution and round by round ATP ranking points allocation.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The WTA ranking points and prize money for the men’s tournament is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 1,000 points + $724,000;
- The runner-up earns 700 points + $353,200;
- The two semi finalists earn 450 points + $177,000;
- The four quarter finalists earn 250 points + $90,250;
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 140 points + $47,575;
- The 16 players who lose in the 3rd round earn 80 points + $25,450;
- The 32 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 50 points + $13,750;
- The 32*players who lose in the 1st round earn 5 points + $8,425.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
The schedule of play for the 2013 Miami women’s singles draw is:
- Monday 18 March: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 10am;
- Tuesday 19 March: Qualifying Draw 2nd round from 10am;
- Tuesday 19 March: Main Draw 1st round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Wednesday 20 March: Main Draw 1st round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Thursday 21 March: 2nd round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Friday 22 March: 2nd round from 11am and 8pm
- Saturday 23 March: 3rd round from 11am and 8pm;
- Sunday 24 March: 4th round round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Monday 25 March: 4th round from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Tuesday 26 March: Quarter Finals from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Wednesday 27 March: Quarter Finals from 11am and 7pm;
- Thursday 28 March: Semi Finals from 1pm and 7pm;
- Friday 29 March: no women’s singles matches today; and
- Saturday 30 March: Women’s Singles Final at 12:30pm.
© photo credit: Andy2982