The 2012 Italian Open in Rome women’s tennis championships are the second of the five WTA Premier FIVE category tournaments of 2012 and the 6th MAJOR tournament of the “BIG 14″ tournaments for the women’s professional tennis tour each year. This post covers how the WTA ranking points and prize money are allocated plus what the schedule of play is so YOU can follow, watch and/or attend this tournament.
The women’s event schedule begins with the 32-player qualifying singles draw on Friday 11 May. The Women’s Singles Final will be played on Saturday May 19. The total prize money for the women’s singles event is $2,166,400. Click this link for details about how you can buy Italian Open in Rome Official tennis tickets and you will also find full coverage of Rome.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. To watch the tennis in Singapore you need to add 6 hours to the local time in Rome to work out the equivalent Singapore time for this daily 2012 Italian Open Order of Play.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The WTA ranking points and prize money for the women’s tournament is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 900 points + $385,000;
- The runner-up earns 620 points + $192,000;
- The two semi finalists earn 395 + $95,100;
- The four quarter finalists earn 225 + $44,250,
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 125 + $22,000;
- The 16 players who lose in the 2nd round earn 70 + $11,300;
- The *24 players who lose in the 1st round earn 1 point + $5,800;
- The 8 players who qualify earn 30 points for qualifying;
- The 16 players who lose in the final round of qualifying earn 20 points + $3,200;
- The 16 players who lose in the 1st round of qualifying receive 1 ranking point + $1,650.
The schedule of play for the entire 2012 Italian Open women’s singles draw is:
- Friday 11 May: Qualifying Draw 1st round from 10am;
- Saturday 12 May: Qualifying 2nd round from 10am;
- Sunday 13 May: Main Draw 1st round from 11am;
- Monday 14 May: 1st round from 11am;
- Tuesday 15 May: 2nd round from 11am;
- Wednesday 16 May: Round of 16 from 11am;
- Thursday 17 May: Quarter Finals from 12pm;
- Friday 18 May: Semi Finals from 12pm; and
- Saturday 19 May: Women’s Singles Finals at 1:45pm.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
For further details about the different rankings points allocations for different situations for 1st round losers and for players who gain entry into the main draw from the qualifying event you will be able to click here once the following post is completed-> Italian Open 2012 Women’s Qualifying Singles Draw.
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: RalfReinecke